16.4.12

moments of accidental sound



I think if I was a musician I would mostly bash bits of my house up and put some synths or trombones to it. Here are some accidental sound musicians I would like to sound like (accidentally):

Merrill Garbus of tUnE-yArDs often bashes crap she's found in her garden to liberating audio effect.




Mysterious Norwegian music-elf Hanne Hukkelberg has made four albums, all of which employ the use of accidental sonic elements: bells, spoons, tea cups and home made instruments make her music full of fun and totally original. (This is actually not a great example, but I still like it - and she has a new album out, so...).




Defunct nu-rave rockers Late Of The Pier bashed bed slats together to come up with this cracker. Four years on and I'm still mad for it.



No comments: